Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Piano #1!

Yesterday I got the first piano for my studio. (Which, by the way, isn't quite finished yet.) Daddy and Tristan moved the piano out of the house it was in, which was difficult because it was heavy and the doorways in the house were very narrow.
Tristan was able to rent a trailer to put the piano on...
Then we followed Tris and the piano home to make sure nothing went wrong.
Once we got to our house, Tris and Daddy moved the piano into what will someday be Mommy's studio, where it will stay until my studio is finished.
-But not until after I tried it out!
Once it was inside, I cleaned off all the dust and shined it up with some lemon oil. Now it's really pretty!
It does need to be tuned though! It's a Wurlitzer spinnet, and has a brighter sound to it than my parent's piano upstairs does. I am so glad to have a piano downstairs because now I can practice whenever I want without bothering anyone! And it was free! (Thank you Teacher Lindy!!)





6 comments:

holly darling smith said...

Aw, that's wonderful Gwennie!

Gwennie said...

Yup! Now I just have to get it tuned! : )

April said...

I had to laugh at the pic of you in the trailer :)

Gwennie said...

It was irresistable, what can I say? : )

April said...

Gwennie, I talked with someone about our piano tuner some weeks ago - was it you? In case it was, his name is James Schmitt and his phone is 503-238-7279. He is also the Terrall's piano tuner.

Gwennie said...

Thanks for the info! Actually, we were going to have him tune our piano anyway. We know him from when my brother and I were in homeschool choir, and many different people have reccomended him as a tuner. -It seems he's quite popular!