Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Light at the End of the Tunnel

Next week is my last week of school. It’s strange that time can go so fast, and yet feel so slow. I am greatly looking forward to the summer and have but to survive next week with its two seven-page research papers and three finals, and then I shall be free to do whatever…well, whatever my family wants me to! (I guess I won’t have that much more freedom, but it’s worth it anyway.) : )

One of the first things I will need to start working on right away is setting up the organizational/business end of my piano studio, while my brother finishes putting the final touches on the sheetrock in my studio. (Yes, we finally have everything ready to rock!) Then, once I have actual, tangible walls in my studio, I will don my grubbies and become a painter for a while. (Not my favorite job, but hey, it is my studio, after all.) : ) Once the paint dries, my next task will be to find two pianos to put in the studio, (hooray for Craigslist!) have my two strong men move my organ out of the garage and into the house, (no more practicing with stiff, cold fingers!) and set up for business. Teaching from home will be more complicated, but it will definitely be worth it!

And then there’s the garden. One of the things I look forward to the most this summer is working on our still non-existent garden. We have to get rid of the grass in order to put in the raised beds, which means lots of difficult digging, but I actually kind of enjoyed myself last year when Daddy and I re-did the garden beds at our old house. I love being outside, and this will be the perfect excuse! : )

Well, I suppose I should stop dreaming and come back to the prosaic reality of looming homework…

4 comments:

Heart's Homestead said...

Invite me over and we'll do some yard work! I can bring another shovel :)

Gwennie said...

That would be soooo much fun!! I can't wait! : )

holly darling smith said...

Can you believe it's May already? G

Good luck on your garden. I wish I had one, but I am a notorious killer of all growing things. I hope everything grows just lovely for you!

Gwennie said...

Thank you! I can't wait to get to work on it! : )

Thankfully, Mommy is usually the one who remembers to water things and keeps them alive. Otherwise, I fear the only thing that would grow would be weeds. : )